Baby Tahlia- June 2012


Hi Diana, 


It is so nice to hear from you. I hope you and your family are well. We are all doing great thank you and loving being parents!Tahlia Anne Corboy arrived on Sunday 17th June at 7:46pm weighing 8 pound 5 ounces. In the last couple if weeks of my pregnancy I developed preeclampsia which meant close monitoring (which drove my blood pressure through the roof even more!). The obstetricians pushed to induce me on my due date which was Saturday 16th June. I asked if I could have a few days extra to go into labour naturally and thankfully they were willing to give me 5 more days just as long as I went into hospital regularly for monitoring. Having this in mind I did everything possible for the week leading up to my due date to bring on labour naturally! I continued to take a bath each night whilst listening to rainbow relaxations, I practiced visualisation techniques, I had the parmesan eggplant 3 nights in a row (not that I minded!), tried some acupressure points to induce labour, and took homeopathic remedies. The morning after my due date (this being Sunday 17th at 2:30am) my waters started to break! I was starting to experience regular surges at this point. I unfortunately had to go into hospital at 8am regardless of how far my labour had progressed as I needed IV antibiotics having tested positive to Group Strep B. I had until 5pm that evening for my labour to progress otherwise they would need to give me the drip. At 5pm the midwife broke the rest of my waters as they had not completely broken. At this point i was 3-4cm dilated and having regular surges. After my waters were broken the surges did get quite intense and I dilated to 5cm within a matter of minutes. They were happy for my labour to continue to progress itself. From this point on it felt like everything happened so quickly. Within 1 hour and 45 minutes I was 10 minutes dilated. I asked for gas half an hour before this point. The urge to push was just so overwhelming that I went with it and I let my body do what it needed to do. After 1 hour of pushing we finally got to meet our gorgeous little girl! Darren was an amazing birthing partner as he never left my side and constantly reminded me to breathe through the surges. This helped to keep me focused. I couldn't have done it without him!

Hypnobirthing allowed me to have a natural labour and birth. I was able to get up and walk around afterwards, and my recovery has been absolutely amazing. Thank you for giving me the confidence to trust that my body would know what to do. From birth Tahlia has been so alert, happy, and healthy and that means the absolute world to us. 

Love Janelle, Darren & Tahlia

© Diana Fischer 2017